Thursday, March 19, 2009

My picks for the NCAA Tournament

Here it is people. I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but I think I'm pretty close.

My Sweet 16

*Midwest
Louisville- playing the best of anybody in the country right now

Wake Forest- might be young, but I can't see a team with so much talent going out the 1st weekend

Kansas- something tells me West Virginia is going to knock them out, but maybe Sherron Collins saves the day

Michigan St.- I don't trust the Big 10 much these days, but there's no excuse for the Spartans not to be playing in the second weekend of this tournament

*West
UConn- the Aggies will scare the hell out of the Huskies in the 2nd round, but they'll be in Glendale

Purdue- the only team in the Big 10 that's trustworthy

Missouri- somehow DeMarre Carroll and company will pull out a thriller over Marquette

Memphis- Maryland's guards are going to struggle against the Tigers super sized back court

*East
Pittsburgh- just a little too consistent for a scrappy Tennessee

Xavier- experienced group will find a way to weather the storm that is Tony Douglas

Villanova- tournament dark horse will keep the Bruins from going to their fourth straight Final Four

Duke- I don't like them at all, but the bracket is set up quite nicely for Dick Vitale's secret employer

*South
North Carolina- Ty Lawson saves the day just before Butler ends the 'Heels season

Gonzaga- nobody is paying attention to them, but I can't wait to see how many problems Josh Heytvelt causes in the post for "Psycho T" (Hansbrough)

Syracuse- they just keep playing

Clemson- helter skelter style of play causes just enough problems for OU's guards as the Tigers athletic front court holds Blake Griffin to only 20 and 10 in what should be the last game he plays without getting a paycheck

No comments:

Post a Comment